Friday, April 6, 2012

"I Thurst": a guest post by Grace

First of all, thanks Emma, for allowing me to guest post. :)

I'm Grace, a teenager in the the "middle" of my teen years. I love Jesus Christ with all my heart, and am so thankful that on this day 2000-something years ago died to save my life. I blog at thatsmilingblog.blogspot.com, And, I'm the second oldest to any-day-now 7 children. :D

---

Today is Good Friday (or depending on when this is posted, it could be yesterday), so I thought I might write about Jesus dying on the cross, while focusing on one verse in particular that caught my eye, and just learned about recently.

I think it's safe to say that most or even everyone has heard about Jesus dying on the cross. He was denied by Peter, beaten by Pilate, and nailed to a cross. But what did he say on the cross? This really stood out to me, because I have never in my entire life even heard of it before last month.

John 19:28 (ESV) - After this, Jesus, knowing that all was now finished, said (to fulfill the Scripture), "I thirst."

Now, on this day, you have to remember that he hasn't had anything to drink during his beatings. He never even asked for a drink, so naturally, like any human being, it's safe to say that by the end of the day, he's thirsty. But, if you really think about it deeply, he didn't have his time with God that morning, either.

In Psalm 42:2, it says. . .

My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God?

Or even Psalm 143:6. . .

I stretch out my hands to you; my soul thirsts for you like a parched land.

When Jesus said "I thirst." he surely meant it physically, but I think even-more-so spiritually. He felt deprived, he felt weakened, for he did not spend time with his father that day.

We as followers of Christ need to spend time with him each day. I've found that when I don't, I'm weaker physically and emotionally that day. I thirst. He states so many times in this beautiful book that we are to spend time with him. He is living water (John 4:13-14), he is the bread (Deuteronomy 8:3) that we partake of, he is our God.

I hope everyone have a lovely Easter weekend, and that we don't forget His undying love for us!

Grace

*Thanks so much Grace for doing this post! I loved it!!! Go follow her blog!

1 note(s):

  1. Awesome post, Grace. Thank you for reminding me about the true reason for the season! Much love, stella x

    ReplyDelete

Are you going to comment!!!??? It looks like you are! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE comments BUT you have to keep them clean or I will not publish them :( So go ahead! Comment away!