Thursday, February 16, 2012

What I am Doing

Today we are going to the senor care unit that my Grandfather and Grandmother are in rite now and we are going to sing and play the piano for the residents! Mama has told us about the 3 people on that hall and I am excited! I was a little worried at first or did not want to do it. It is a little imberasing going and singing in front of people you don't know. If I were one of the residents I would want people to come sing for me. Also the nurses wanted us to come! They asked Mama about it and that really helped me to know they wanted us to come. Have y'all ever been to a nursing home or a hospital to sing songs or brighten up there day?

Yesterday a lady there that Mama loves told her that is was her birthday! (the day before she asked Mama to get her a diet coke but the nurses said not to) So Mama asked the nurses if she could get her a diet coke. They were a little surprised that the nurses that night did not let her but they said it was fine! So Mama went to Dollar General and bought a diet coke and a smiley face balloon. She tied the balloon around the diet coke and gave it to her. I think she really liked it! The nurses thanked her and told her how sweet that was. I think that was really nice!

Well got to go! Have a good day!

Emma

5 note(s):

  1. That is so nice. I know the people at nursing homes really appreciate seeing younger people like us. It reminds them when they were our age. Every year, many people in my church go and sing Christmas carols and nursing homes.

    ~Godsgirlz1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that sounds cool! I'll be praying for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Emma you are so sweet :)
    Your little post every day can be so encouraging!
    I go to a nursing home every other Sunday to sing and then when we are done my Daddy preaches to them :)

    Thanks For Posting!!
    KayleeBeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE nursing homes!! Sometimes we take bring cookies, and hand them out to the people there.
    That's really fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've sang at nursing homes many times. Its so much fun to go and bring cheer to people who might be missing it.
    That was extremely sweet of your mom! :)

    ReplyDelete

Are you going to comment!!!??? It looks like you are! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE comments BUT you have to keep them clean or I will not publish them :( So go ahead! Comment away!